We are curently looking for a Dental Assistant in our Cleveland Center! The Dental Assistant assists in nursing care and preparation of surgical patients by performance of routine and delegated duties per standards and policies. The Dental Assistant scrubs for surgical procedures; cleans instruments and rooms; monitors inventory and stocks OR rooms. Works closely with the dentists in the provision of excellent patient care.
- Assist and anticipate needs of the dentist and anesthesia provider as it relates to instruments, sutures, sponges and supplies per technique, procedure and special requirements.
- Prepare for dental surgical cases by:
- Picking supplies and equipment for the procedure;
- Ensuring that all necessary supplies and equipment are available;
- Maintaining inventory and stock room.
- Familiar with procedures performed.
- Know and understand dentist preferences.
- Provide care based on the age-related needs of the pediatric and adolescent patient, with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial needs, environmental safety, educational needs, communication style, and level of understanding.
- Assist with patient transfer from bed to gurney.
- Decontaminates and maintains all equipment, instruments, supplies and cleans surgical rooms between cases and at the end of the schedule as directed by procedure and the RN assigned to the room.
- Takes x-rays.
- Clean and check x-ray equipment.
- Mixes cement and other materials as required.
- Handles suction hand-pieces and air/water syringes.
- Assures delivery of all specimens to the RN Circulator in the room.
- Stocks and cleans rooms between cases and at the end of schedule.
- Assists with turnover of the OR.
- Assists as directed in the delivery of emergency care.
- Maintains confidentiality of the patients' records and protects the patients' privacy.
- Follow the surgery center's professional conduct and dress code policy.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and meetings.
|OTHER||Background and Drug Screening|
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||Blue Cloud Pediatric Surgery Centers (Blue Cloud) is a healthcare services organization focused on providing ambulatory surgery centers (ASC's) to dental practitioners for the delivery of comprehensive dental services under general anesthesia. These services are provided mainly to underserved pediatric and special needs patients. Visit us at www.bluecloudpsc.com.|
|EOE STATEMENT||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.|