Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, we’re on a mission to protect digital communications so humanity prevails over evil.
Agari is transforming the email security landscape with the next-generation Secure Email Cloud™ powered by predictive AI. Leveraging data science and real-time intelligence from trillions of emails, Agari has a suite of products that detect, defend, and deter costly advanced email attacks.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We're AWS hosted and are working hard to automate away as much toil possible. We have a nice Scrum approach and look to improve with each sprint.
- Automate the deployment, management, and operations of our AWS cloud hosted systems.
- Work with scrum teams to ensure systems are manageable, resilient, monitored, self-healing and meet performance expectations.
- Help break down monolithic applications and drive towards microservices.
- Maintain and accelerate our progress towards immutable systems and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Champion SRE best practices throughout the engineering team.
- Do performance analysis and capacity planning for our AWS infrastructure. Drive efficiency in our AWS usage.
- Build tools and automation that enhance production triage and improve time to detect issues.
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure in compliance with SOC 2 Security, Confidentiality, and Availability Trust Principles.
- Remove toil by automating as much as possible.
Your Keys to Success
- Experience in with Ruby, Python, or similar.
- Good understanding of OOP topics.
- Experience with building, maintaining, and deploying Kubernetes environments and applications.
- Experience with orchestration and automation tools such as Packer, Terraform and Ansible.
- Successful track record of providing production support for large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with build and release automation and dependency management.
- Experience managing distributed systems which can handle data at scale.
- Experience with Linux administration.
- Ability to set your own direction and goals.
- Ability to teach and mentor fellow engineers.
- Good understanding of security best practices, server/network hardening and risk mitigation.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.) is a big plus.
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. PostgreSQL experience.
- Working knowledge of networking, load-balancing, firewalls, IDS/IPS, HTTP, SSL, ESMTP, DNS and Postfix.
- CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator) certification is a plus.
Why we're a Great Place to Work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc. (We like to have fun too!)