Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our 7,000 customers in 140 countries make a direct impact on the world every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, we’ve grown to include ten global offices. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Disruptive Innovation, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
We work in small “brigades” comprised of 5 to 8 Software Engineers, 2-4 Software Engineers in Test/QA Engineers, a Manager (you), a UX Designer, UX Developer(s) and a Product Designer. It’s our version of a scrum team. As an R&D Manager in the Bangalore team, you will lead a team with responsibility and accountability for one or more platform areas or release contents.
As a leader, you will get things done, inspire others to take initiative, and lead a brigade to build great software. You will spend more effort coaching and mentoring people. You are not afraid to look at things differently and implement better ways to do them. You have an innate desire to move the needle when it comes to the performance of your team and our product platform. You are an influencer and motivator, able to inspire others and defuse a tense situation. You need to be comfortable defending your ideas, but also be willing to move on if a different direction is required. You are competitive, striving to be #1, in a collaborative way.
What you need to succeed
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 10-14 years of experience
- Experience leading a web development team in a SaaS company
- Agile project management using JIRA
- Execution against project plans and team commitments (aka, you deliver)
- Continuous delivery/deployment experience/mindset
- Strong technical skills and deep understanding of web technologies related to developing SaaS products. Experience at the code level is highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of Dev and QA processes, automation and release management
- Strong skills in connecting with people and deep interest in people management.
- Focus on creating simple elegant solutions to real customer problems
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
- Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
- You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, other perks to keep your mind and body healthy, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to one of our international offices and more.