Gong.io helps salespeople have better conversations by using AI and machine learning to pinpoint what the top performers are saying and doing differently. Those behaviors can then be replicated across the entire team to increase quota attainment and slash on-boarding time of new team members. Customer-facing teams at hundreds of companies like LinkedIn, GE and ZipRecruiter use Gong to improve their customer experience in millions of conversations every day.
Our customers love us (our NPS score is over 60) and love our product, but as the product grows, it is becoming too large for our growing team to be experts. As the first Sales Engineering leader, you will build a team of Gong experts who will be paramount in the success of our customers, and our sales and customer success teams. You will get the opportunity to:
1. Build a sales engineering team from scratch leveraging your learning from past teams to build it right the first time
2. Partner closely with Sales, Product Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success to ensure customer happiness
3. Improves process and eliminate bottlenecks by working cross functionally in order to get deals across the line
4. Be involved in conversations with our most strategic customers
5. Have a seat at the table on the ground floor of a wildly successful growing company
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build a team of Gong experts who thoroughly understand Gong - including its design and implementation - in order to explain the technology to all types of users
- Build and refine processes to eliminate bottlenecks and make teams more efficient
- Own the demo environment and help our sales team learn to articulate the deeper value of Gong
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency and Productivity
- 5+ years-experience building and managing high performing sales engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team — strong people management, mentoring, coaching and development experience
- Have built a successful team from ground up and be ready to roll up your sleeves and do it again
- You know your way around data — understanding of APIs, web-hooks, file transfer protocols, and security practices
- Proven track record of success
- High level of business acumen and understanding of how revenue leaders think
- Able to learn/retain a lot of information
- Able to communicate difficult/technical items to all types of users
- Process oriented and love a good challenge - you won't be using a playbook — you'll be helping write one
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and well-organized.
- A strong team player but still a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Someone who flourishes when given responsibility and a sense of ownership.
You’ll Get to
- Work closely with some of the best and brightest high-tech talent to create a truly amazing team.
- Join a fast-growing, wildly successful, company early, make a difference, and enjoy the ride.
- Challenge yourself and take your career to the next level.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation and equity package.