CognitiveScale is an augmented intelligence pioneer that pairs humans and machines to bring practical, scalable, trusted AI solutions to life. CognitiveScale’s award-winning and proven Cortex software and expert teams empower financial services, digital commerce, and healthcare organizations to radically simplify the development, deployment, and management of their AI systems. Whether they are personalizing investor, customer, patient, or member experiences, or optimizing the processes it takes to serve them, our clients are creating a better future for all.
CognitiveScale is #1 in AI patents among privately held companies and #4 overall since 2013. We are headquartered in beautiful Austin, Texas and have offices in New York, London, and Hyderabad. Our investors include Norwest Venture Partners, Intel Capital, IBM Watson, M12 (Microsoft Ventures), and USAA. We have been recognized by the World Economic Forum, as well as top industry analysts for positively impacting business and society with AI.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a bright "people person" with a strong generalist background who excels in key areas of people processes, benefits administration, HRIS management, employee relations, and onboarding. You will be an integral part of the People team and will help deliver an amazing employee experience to CogScalers. This role will report to our VP of People.
- Advocate for and facilitate a positive employee experience by leveraging internal relationships to proactively create culture-building opportunities across the organization.
- Support the People team in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Support core people processes (e.g., performance reviews, compensation cycles, equity administration, promotions, immigration, terminations, etc.) in partnership with others.
- Partner with employees to communicate various policies, procedures, and standards.
- Create policies and guidelines, when necessary, with a lightweight and employee focused approach.
- Partner and coach managers through challenging conversations including performance plans and terminations.
- Support recruitment efforts (e.g., sourcing, screening, coordinating interviews, writing job offers), as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations for improvements.
- Respond to and manage employee relations issues, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Represent the company for any unemployment claims.
- Conduct and coordinate new-hire onboarding.
- Develop and facilitate internal trainings.
- Develop and coordinate employee recognition programs.
- Maintain HRIS Data.
- Collaborate with Payroll to ensure employees are paid correctly.
- Manage employee benefits, conduct open enrollment, and lead benefits renewal.
- Compile and produce monthly management reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or equivalent education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years HR generalist experience in a fast-moving and high growth environment.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices, immigration process, and US employment laws.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive tasks with urgency, completeness, and attention to detail.
- Startup experience preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Shared values with CogScalers: Responsibility, People First, Teamwork, Courage, and Innovation
- A sense of humor and ability to strike up a conversation with anyone.
- Experience using and managing HR systems.
- Understanding of HR best practices in technology companies and curiosity to learn more.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude with a high level of professionalism, tact, and discretion.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, G Suite and MacBooks.