CognitiveScale is an augmented intelligence pioneer that pairs humans and machines to bring practical, scalable, trusted AI solutions to life.
CognitiveScale’s award-winning and proven Cortex software and expert teams empower financial services, digital commerce, and healthcare organizations to radically simplify the development, deployment, and management of their AI systems. Whether they are personalizing investor, customer, patient, or member experiences, or optimizing the processes it takes to serve them, our clients are creating a better future for all.
CognitiveScale is #1 in AI patents among privately held companies and #4 overall since 2013. We are headquartered in beautiful Austin, Texas and have offices in New York, London, and Hyderabad. Our investors include Norwest Venture Partners, Intel Capital, IBM Watson, M12 (Microsoft Ventures), and USAA. We have been recognized by the World Economic Forum, as well as top industry analysts for positively impacting business and society with AI.
In addition to a very competitive compensation plan, you’ll also have access to our best in class training program which will ramp up your AI/ML knowledge and aid you in becoming a trusted advisor to our clients.
What You Will Do
Sales Engineers will work with and learn from a variety of technical leaders within CognitiveScale to ensure they fully
understand how to represent our technology, answer questions related to the competition, talk about the AI landscape and why we’re differentiated in the marketplace. They will serve as an important conduit back into the product management team to continue to enhance the product while documenting frequently asked questions on how we address client objections.
- Clearly articulate our unique value proposition and technology differentiation
- Ability to face client technical architects and data scientists to explain how we deliver our solutions, products, and platform
- Ability to effectively whiteboard the solution, architecture, performance, and scalability
- Ability to speak in the language of the customer’s domain
- Hands-on and strong ability to demonstrate the product and platform
- Confident and consultative approach to facilitate and drive use case workshops with prospective customers
- Work closely with product management to provide input and guidance for product roadmap and enhancements
- Work closely with the delivery teams to seamlessly transition from sales to delivery activities and ensure customer success
- Continue to provide technical guidance to the project and client teams as we go through solution delivery, adoption, and drive future engagements
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospect and customer technical contacts
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- You can think faster than anyone else in the room and on your feet
- You have masterful communication skills for complex ideas and concepts
- Strong technical background as you’ll be the person who will map client problems back to our product
- Can learn new patterns, spaces and domains very quickly
- Ability to understand our client’s challenging business problems and frame up a crisp solution
- Confidence and strong presentation skills to drive large portions of long customer meetings
- Strong customer presence, especially with senior client executives
- Approachable and someone who loves to work a room and build relationships
- Proven track record in a Sales Engineer, Presales, Solution Architect capacity
- A consultant mindset to identify and frame customer solutions
- Proven track record selling enterprise deals
- Exceptional listener
- A whatever it takes attitude, willing to put in the extra effort when needed (long hours, travel, weekends)
- 5-10 years of total experience with some time in a client-facing technical role
- 2-5 years of experience participating in the sales cycle at a technology company
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree or technical certification(s) preferred
- Proven experience setting expectations of prospective clients with varying levels of revenue potential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Able to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of technology platforms and their potential
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other