Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, we’re on a mission to protect digital communications so humanity prevails over evil.
Agari is transforming the email security landscape with the next-generation Secure Email Cloud™ powered by predictive AI. Leveraging data science and real-time intelligence from trillions of emails, Agari has a suite of products that detect, defend, and deter costly advanced email attacks.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We value learning through pairing on unfamiliar areas of the stack with someone knowledgeable and by attending conferences and classes.
You will be responsible for day-to-day development and high availability of Agari Advanced Threat Protection data ingest applications and services.
- Work, in a collaborative manner, with your product owner and scrum team to scope and prioritize feature requirements and engineering backlog.
- Investigate technologies and design products and services with other top engineers.
- Create applications that fundamentally protect people on the Internet.
- Practice secure development methodologies during design, implementation and maintenance of Agari products and services
- Address vulnerability and security issues in application development maintenance according to industry best practices (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS CWE)
Your Keys to Success
- Ability to identify needs, take action in a collaborative manner, and communicate well with Agarians from all departments.
- Experience developing distributed systems which can handle data at scale.
- Expert in Python
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. PostgreSQL experience is a big plus.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services (such as Cloud Formation, RDS, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, X-Ray.
- Experience with automation tools like Terraform and Ansible
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Comfortable using Linux in a development, test, and production environment.
- Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Concourse or Drone
- Knowledge of k8s
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)