All over the world, in industries ranging from Utilities to Facilities Management, Chemicals, Manufacturing, Transportation, Oil & Gas and more, Avetta is helping our clients to reduce risk, improve safety performance, streamline processes, and most importantly–help our clients save lives.
Our proprietary SaaS platform helps clients identify and mitigate risk within their supply chains by simplifying the complex and time-consuming processes inherent with contractor management.
Nature and Scope of Position
The Avetta Field Sales Manager owns the primary relationship with prospective Avetta clients before and during their buyer journey. Once a prospect is converted to a client, the Field Sales Manager owns and services the client relationship for the first year of the client’s term with Avetta. After the first year, the relationship will be turned over to the Account Management Team for further support and expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- New Client Acquisition. The primary goal of the Field Sales Manager is to win new client relationships for Avetta. The Field Sales Manager will engage in a variety of sales activities including:
- Targeted prospecting with their assigned Sales Development Representative.
- Trade Show attendance
- Conducting on-line Avetta Overview Presentations and Product Demonstrations
- Traveling to client sites within the FSM’s assigned territory and key accounts to conduct in-person meetings.
- Supporting New Clients through the initial launch phase and first year with Avetta and maximizing revenue and client success within the first year.
- Weekly participation in 1 on 1’s and Field Sales Forecast call.
- Additional Responsibilities.
- May be required to attend additional trainings, meetings, and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Metrics
Potential candidates for the position must meet the following performance metrics:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 customer facing meetings each week
- Rolling 12-month pipeline of 3x Plan
- Consistent client “mailings” target quarterly (to be provided by your direct supervisor)
- Excellent organizational skills. Significant travel, meeting coordination, RFP/RFI/RFQ Response Coordination are required
- Superior Communication. Candidate must demonstrate superior interpersonal communication, and written communication skills.
- Strong Public Speaking. Candidate must have the demonstrated ability to speak in front of a group, keeping an audience’s attention while communicating complex subject matter. The speaker must appear comfortable and poised.
- Self-Motivated. Candidate must have the ability to set and meet goals with little or no supervision from senior management.
- Technical Understanding. Candidate must understand and be able to effectively communicate how SaaS model software works on a functional level, including basic ability to demonstrate product capability and overall solution to the client
- Ethical. Candidate must understand and demonstrate Avetta’s core values of honesty and integrity. Candidate must be able to make decisions and communicate client recommendations with the Avetta’s and the clients best interest at hand.
Other Desired Traits:
- Excellent time management skills
- Technically sound in computer skills. Familiarity with CRM applications / SalesForce.com
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and Flexibility
Education and Experience
Potential candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- At least 5 years of field sales or account management experience, 10 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in selling safety-related products or services, working with contractors, working in procurement, or working in an industry that Avetta has current customers is considered a plus.