Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're expanding to the Durham area and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to help grow our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role…
We believe that recruiting is the bedrock of our talent philosophy; it sets the tone for all future talent development, and has a meaningful effect on our company culture and employee experience. As a Recruiting Business Partner on the People team at Pg, you will play an essential role in building and retaining our extraordinary team in the Durham headquarters, driving hiring strategy and managing the day-to-day of a busy recruiting pipeline. You will serve as a trusted partner to your hiring managers and a transparent advocate for your candidates, always seeking the best possible experience for everyone involved; and you’ll serve as a crucial link to our New York headquarters to support and foster our unique culture as we expand.
This role reports to the Director of Recruiting and Talent Strategy.
- Manage the entire recruiting process for a variety of requisitions, including sourcing, resume screening, interviewing, soliciting feedback, managing candidates, and coordinating offers
- Source active and passive candidates through creative and thoughtful sourcing methods
- Create all components of a successful interview process including job descriptions, interview plans, and offers
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for engaged candidates: guide them through the Policygenius interview process, provide feedback and create an incredible candidate experience every step of the way
- Support Pg’s values-driven culture by leaning in across multiple stages of the employee life-cycle: including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, onboarding, and employee fulfillment
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in a startup or agency environment
- Previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage and hire amazing talent
- A passion for “relationship-motivated” recruiting and building long-term relationships with prospective candidates
- An empathetic communication style and an ability to tailor effective messaging to a variety of audiences
- Proven resilience and cool under pressure; comfort handling a robust pipeline of candidates across multiple searches
- A metrics- and process-orientation and a passion for clean data
- Experience with recruiting tools (ATS, LinkedIn, etc) and techniques
- Passion for our mission to get consumers the financial protection they need and help them feel good about it!
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)