HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join us!
What You’ll Own + Impact
Your mandate boils down to two things: be a strategic CEO to your team and get sh*t done. As a growth team, our mission is to unlock new growth opportunities and optimize our funnel through swift testing and data-driven decisions. You will be driving processes and balancing between building large-scale growth programs (ie: referral program) and quick, opportunistic AB tests throughout the funnel. With each decision, you’ll be rolling up your sleeves with a growth perspective that considers things like: Is this a potential growth loop? Can it scale? Will it create a network effect? Does this test provide value to the user?
You’ll be empowered to improve all areas of the funnel, which means working very closely with marketing, sales and product to create an end to end customer experience. To achieve your goals you'll partner with designers, engineers, QA, and our data team. Not only will you be a key leader for a very smart group of folks, but you’ll be working directly on our mission for the company.
- Be a true leader. Take ownership of your team, build a strong team culture, and teach them best practices by getting into the weeds with them. You’ll be able to communicate your plan and influence not only your team, the leadership team, but also our entire company with persuasiveness and inspiration.
- Be strategic. Work with leadership to define our growth priorities. Create a comprehensive plan with goals that align to the company’s mission. You’ll be tackling the discovery of new channels and opportunities to acquire and activate more creative small businesses. Make informed decisions through data and sound analytics.
- Be product minded. Customer empathy is paramount. Focus on how customers use our workflow/business management products through user data and optimize our platform to make it work the way our customers work.
- Be a growth hacker. Identify and optimize new acquisition channels. Deeply understand early customers’ needs to create an amazing early activation experience. The goal will be to build a strong funnel end to end.
- Be a strong operator. Flawlessly execute on the details of your strategies to ensure product launches, feature updates, and other initiatives are delivered on time, on budget, with exceptional craftsmanship.
- Be a connector. You will live at the intersection of marketing and product development, and focus on customer acquisition through activation.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- 4-5 years of product management experience from top notch companies; a mixture of startups and larger companies ideal. Growth stage startups experience required.
- Startup CEO of a web app works for us too. You know how to run a business and have product sense.
- A growth mindset. You understand, are passionate about, and want to work on growth.
- Experience and knowledge of top of funnel acquisition.
- Know product management best practices to garner results.
- Must have a proven track record of launching and managing successful products. You have the data insights to back up this boast.
- SaaS product experience ideal, or experience working on a complex desktop app, in addition to mobile.
HoneyBook believes in a world where creative small businesses are able to make a living doing what they love. We provide our members an easy way to manage all their jobs seamlessly, so they can spend more time on their craft, and less time on the administrative and marketing pains of running a small business.
The opportunity is huge: HoneyBook’s primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. To date, HoneyBook has raised $46M from investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking — in three years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space.
We value a founder’s mentality above all else. If you are looking for a fast paced, intellectually charged environment to found the next chapter in HoneyBook’s story, then come join us!Follow us on Medium and catch the latest stories about HoneyBook.