HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join our team!
As the creative director for HoneyBook, you’ll be responsible for helping shape the brand and creating integrated, multi-channel campaigns that build awareness and capture the imagination of creative small businesses and solopreneurs. You’ll also set creative and brand guidelines based on best practices and intimate knowledge of our target audience. You’ll create narratives and campaigns that differentiate HoneyBook, drawing on a rich palette of feedback from our customers and community.
We are not your average B2B SaaS company - our audience is primarily solopreneurs and freelancers, so the psychology of our users is similar to consumers in many ways. This is a unique intellectual challenge and a great opportunity to make a huge impact on shaping the brand and voice of a high-growth company with a passionate audience in a dynamic industry.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do...
- Lead marketing creative strategy and collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement high-impact campaigns.
- Help develop our brand identity and ensure it’s implemented consistently throughout customer touch points.
- Create platforms for storytelling and compelling narratives that inspire action and loyalty.
- Collaborate with marketing, design and product partners to execute integrated campaigns across multiple channels, including online ads, social media, content, email and in-product.
- Generate creative concepts for campaigns that reinforce our brand identity, clearly communicate our value propositions, and build affinity with current and prospective customers.
- Lead and optimize creative process and production of paid ads campaigns, partnering closely with the marketing and design teams.
- Build a playbook for ad creative, design and messaging throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Leverage customer insights and best practices to help develop brand, creative, voice and tone style guides.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- Ability to connect the dots between company vision, insights about our members, and media trends to create impactful narratives that resonate with our target audience.
- A passion for story-telling and connecting to audiences. Adept at putting yourself into our customers’ shoes, understanding their needs, and speaking to them in a way that is authentic and drives action.
- Portfolio of previous work that displays an ability to turn an idea into a cohesive campaign across channels and mediums.
- A discerning eye for exceptional creative, copy and visual design and an ability to chip in yourself if resources are tight.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey creative concepts in a way that inspires stakeholders.
- Proven track record partnering with cross-functional teams to develop programs and campaigns that produce successful outcomes.
- History of managing ad creative for paid media that drives results.
- 10+ years experience in creative roles.
The Good Stuff
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup--our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in four years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $46M from investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.