As a key member of the Enterprise Risk management team, your responsibilities for this position include challenging the loss forecast methodologies and adjustments, identifying challenges/opportunities of loss forecast processes, subject matter expertise on portfolio trends as they relate to loss performance, and ability to explain dynamic impact of internal/external strategy or environment changes on credit losses. You may also work with the Model validation team to conduct the model performance tracking and assist in model validations. You will have frequent interaction and communication with cross-function partners. Success in this role requires a self-starter who have creative thinking and analytical skills and can collaborate with different teams and find opportunities to improve the business through analytics.
What You'll Do
· Conduct the effective challenges to Risk Strategies change, the methodologies and adjustments of the loss and prepayment forecasting from the 2nd line perspectives.
· Develop, implement and handle credit risk key metrics tracking that involves elements of lost and prepayment forecasting.
· Use analytical techniques to mine loan performance data and identify pockets of underperformance and conduct root cause analysis to help recommend risk mitigation strategies
· Work with Model validation team on the tasks of model performance tracking validation
· Run various ad-hoc analyses relating to credit risk management initiatives and bureau data.
· Collaborate with internal teams to address due diligence requests from institutional investors and 3rd party vendors.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree with quantitative background (e.g. Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics)
- 4+ years of experience in analytics
- Strong technical skills such as SQL/SAS, R/Python
- Experience with BI/data visualization tools (like Tableau or Excel to create dashboards)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Credit risk management experience
- Experience in model validation or predictive modeling (e.g., logistic regression, multivariate linear regression, decision tree, cluster analysis, etc.)
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.