Lending Club’s Investor Group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital to fund loan products on the platform through retail customers. The team is passionate about building investment products that provide for a great customer experience while providing access to unique asset classes. The Investor Group partners with dedicated legal, finance and operations teams to deliver compelling investment solutions for clients.
What You'll Do
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly analytical, data-centric team at a fast growing FinTech company. You will work with Lending Club’s largest investors including hedge funds, asset managers, and banks partnering internally with all stakeholders from Sales, Risk, Product and Data to help drive insights and develop tools that benefit LendingClub’s investor base.
- Build analytical framework to monitor risk and return performance across all Lending Club asset classes (Prime and Near Prime Installment loans, Auto, Patient Finance and Small Business) by vintage and generate insights
- Design funding structures for building and testing new credit products
- Analyze investor strategies and performance and suggest creative solutions to reach target returns
- Participate in investor roadshows and meetings to provide insights on expected portfolio returns, upcoming product features and credit strategy enhancements and their impact on portfolios
- Market / Investor research to drive the creation of new products and improve existing products, and to have an impact on Lending Club strategy
- Develop metrics, and support investor communication for credit related topics across all investor channels (Retail, Institutional and Funds)
- Develop investor analytics capabilities including internal and client-facing tools and reporting
- Support credit-related investor client due diligence
- 1-3 years of experience in risk management analytics and/or portfolio analytics at a fixed income/credit fund
- Experience analyzing complex data and building statistical models (e.g., as a statistician or data scientist)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, finance, operations research, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, or engineering)
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Python and SQL
- Excellent social skills that enable you to establish rapport with peers and senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.