The mission of the Enterprise Fraud Team is to ensure that Lending Club employs the most sophisticated fraud technology and controls to scale the business with minimal fraud losses. The team has a broad mandate and oversees fraud across different stakeholders - Borrowers, Investors, Providers, Vendors and Employees. The team also works across businesses – Personal Loans, Auto, Patient Solutions and emerging products and services. Working on this team is an opportunity to participate in strengthening what is already one of the most sophisticated fraud capabilities in the FinTech space.
What You'll Do
The Enterprise Fraud Specialist will use their fraud expertise to help monitor front line fraud activities and research ways to provide early detection of fraud rings. If you have SQL and Excel skills, this is a bonus to help pull key data and analyze for trends.
- Run the Post Mortem Report - - Every week loans are approved that we later find to be fraudulent. You will conduct root cause analysis on these loans that get through and identify controls that could be put in place to prevent similar applications from getting issued
- Manage 314b Filings - - We file 314b reports with Fincen when we need to get insight from other banks to learn about fraud rings. We have an ongoing need to get help with this important process. This includes both filing the reports and analyzing the results we get back.
- Coordinate fraud operations collaboration throughout Lending Club – You are part of the fraud nerve center of Lending Club. We will look to you to provide a weekly summary of Fraud Incidences from Personal Loans, Auto, Investor and Purchase Finance.
- Help establish Reports to Monitor Front Line Activities – We are developing a Payment Default model – you will help develop this model by researching criteria and conditions that might indicate fraud from loans that are late on their payments. As this monitoring tool gets up and running, you will own it.
- Support the development of Thorp – A tool is being built to proactively catch loans associated with fraud rings. As loans are flagged with this tool, we need your help to verify that these flagged loans are true fraud or not.
- Help evaluate vendor tests – We are working with vendors to evaluate their services - - for example the ability to detect synthetic fraud. As we get test results, you will help research loans flagged to determine the quality of their solution.
- Assist with special fraud projects throughout LC – We are stretched for fraud resources throughout Lending Club. As a need arises in specific areas – you will be asked to assist to help provide coverage. This may mean helping the Investor team, Purchase Finance, or Auto.
- Fraud Experience: We would really love to bring someone on who has worked in fraud before, and is familiar with the metrics related to fraud.
- SQL and Advanced Excel skills bonus: If you’ve used SQL to query large data sets and Excel to manipulate data, let us know - - this is a great asset that will enable you to do a wider variety of things on the team.
- Great Communicator: An aptitude to tell stories with data, create charts and tables that are clear and highlight the key points without needing verbal explanation is key.
- Good Corporate Citizen: You realize that process and controls are key to a successful fraud program. This is part of everyday life working in fraud.
- Trustworthy: This work requires the highest ethical standards. The access you have to the personal information of others is a privilege that you take very seriously.
- Athlete: You willingly play a wide variety of roles to get the job done.
- Fast Mover: We move fast…done today is better than perfect tomorrow, and continual iteration is important. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing capability.
- Self-starter: You are internally motivated to do well, and don’t need constant reinforcement of a job well done. You are confident in your abilities and are willing to check your ego at the door.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.