LendingClub is passionate about helping people take control of their finances. For some, it’s consolidating their credit card debt into a personal loan so they can finally sleep at night. For others, it’s about saving enough money so that an unexpected car repair or medical bill doesn’t put them into a cycle of debt.
As the largest personal loan company in America, LendingClub is now building the next generation of bank—and it’s not going to look anything like traditional banks. No brick and mortar. No bait-and-switch. This bank is going to be user-first, user-centered, and user-always.
LendingClub is looking for an enthusiastic Product Marketing Manager to help build that bank, create compelling customer experiences, and shake-up the market. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the ideal candidate has previously launched a product from the ground up—ideally in the fintech space.
You will be responsible for the go-to-market (GTM) planning and execution for banking products, such as: defining the target customer segments, sizing the opportunity, developing value propositions for each segment, partnering with product to develop the product itself, and working with cross-functional partners and channel leaders to bring our products to market.
This is a high impact position within LendingClub, providing significant growth opportunity for a results-oriented individual.
What You'll Do
- Lead the go-to-market strategy: Define who we should market to, what to say to them, how and where to say it
- Develop all customer-facing elements to launch our new product(s): research; naming, messaging, positioning; collateral; marketing & customer support plan
- Execute a multi-channel product launch strategy across all channels (website, email, advertising, phone, etc.)
- Create bold, telegraphic naming and messaging that bolsters comprehension and motivates prospects
- Be the voice of the customer by being an expert on our customers’ needs and using that knowledge to advocate on their behalf inside and outside our company
- Partner with Product Management and Business Development to develop the correct set of new features to deliver on our multi-year vision
- Analyze customer data to identify issues or areas for improvement and testing
- Deeply understand the competitive space to derive insights and differentiate LendingClub from our competitors and other banks
- A builder mindset – you’ve built and launched a product from the ground up
- Innovator and risk-taker who can build and share a vision for where we want to go
- Pragmatic – you how to build a unique path to that vision that is actionable and achievable
- Demonstrated expertise in positioning and messaging, product launches, or new product development
- Passion for improving people’s lives and helping them build a better financial future
- An energetic and helpful attitude—you love to jump in and add value wherever you can
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communications skills at all levels of the organization, from executives to accounting
- Metrics-driven and comfortable with an iterative, test-and-learn approach
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and lead through influence
- 4+ years’ experience as a consumer-facing product marketer, fintech experience is ideal
- Bachelor's degree
What you can expect from us:
- Generous benefits, including healthcare, 401(k), stock grants, and endless snacks
- A supportive, positive environment where everyone is encouraged to bring their entire selves to work
- Excited colleagues who will help you succeed and rock your new job
- Unlimited time off
We’re excited to keep building on our strategy and we’re looking for others who are eager to help. If you’re interested in creating a totally new experience for Americans who are fed up with the way banking is done today, we’d love to hear from you!
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.