This position is responsible for investigating fraud and identity theft claims and disputes received by LendingClub and internal referrals of suspicious loans and transactions. The Fraud Investigator will also partner with Fraud Risk and Fraud Operations colleagues to help identify and mitigate fraud risks facing the Company.
What You'll Do
· handle difficult calls with suspects or alleged victims,
· recognize fraud scenarios and complex fraud structures, and conduct investigations using the right tools and methodologies for each particular case,
· demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of all security- and fraud-related policies and procedures,
· effectively analyze account characteristics to independently assess potential risk and fraud-related claims and disputes,
· understand and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures and laws and regulations governing fraud investigations,
· identify and pursue opportunities to recover and mitigate fraud losses,
· summarize and document the information that supports the decision reached and the step taken in an investigation,
· be consumer-focused and effectively communicate with all relevant stakeholders, including the alleged fraud victims, potential suspects, law enforcement personnel, and others, and
· identify opportunities to enhance fraud investigation processes and policies and implement those enhancements.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to handle and prioritize several tasks and responsibilities at one time.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Technical expertise with a particular knowledge of tools and systems used in investigating fraud.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.