LendingClub is looking for a sharp, highly quantitative, innovative and results-oriented Director of Data Science to dive deep into our abundant data, seek out actionable insights, perfect processes and drive strategic decisions. Because our culture is data-driven and every decision we make is backed by data, we require exceptional Data Scientists with the passion and skills to properly leverage our huge stores of information using Design and Analysis of Experiments, Machine Learning (ML) and other Statistical Methodologies.
In this context, you will have access to the industry's best tools and additional resources you might need. You will have substantial influence on LendingClub’s business and strategy and a seat at the decision-making table. If you think you have what it takes to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
What you will do
- Manage and continue to build out a team of Data Scientists
- Use Experimental Design & Analysis to launch, monitor and track the efficacy of new product variants and processes across LendingClub teams
- Work with different teams to design and conduct experiments and maintain and build out new features on our experimentation platform and dashboard
- Apply the latest Machine Learning and Statistical Methodologies to solve critical business objectives in the areas of product and design
- Analyze massive scale structured and unstructured datasets to find opportunities, improve processes and products and influence decisions
- Discover and build new features that can be leveraged by our growing community of Data Scientists
- Build insightful quantitative materials, identify trends and deliver key findings
- Partner with other teams to understand their processes and prioritize opportunities for using ML
- You hold an advanced degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, etc.) or equivalent
- You have strong analysis skills to deep dive into experiment results and recommend improvements
- You have excellent programming and analytical skills and an expert at using tools such as Python, SAS or R
- You have 15+ years of experience working with and analyzing very large datasets
- You have 10+ years of management experience
- You have a passion for understanding and trying the latest Machine Learning techniques
- You are great at applying the right ML techniques to solve a wide variety of problems
- You can adapt and iterate quickly as you are working through a problem
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to simplify complex information
- You are comfortable working closely with engineering teams and have experience developing using agile
- You are familiar with Optimizely and Heap Analytics (this is a plus and not required)
- You are familiar with marketplace lending and are aware of the competitive landscape
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities and people love working with you!
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.