Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
As Director of People you will lead our HR team and be responsible for building people capabilities across the organization. Wearing many hats, this Director will be responsible for talent recruitment and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and compliance. As a growing organization, this Director will help coach and develop leaders at all levels while being a cultural champion and driving employee engagement. The ideal candidate is a well rounded HR professional who thrives in fast paced environments and is super passionate about building organizations with strong cultures and strong leaders.
You’ll be excited about this role because you will:
- Lead Modsy's HR team supporting a distributed organization across a wide range of functions
- Build People capabilities, processes and practices that support the team working effectively and efficiently in person and in remote environments
- Coach managers and associates at all levels
- Facilitate complex and sensitive employee relations matters/management issues to resolution
- Be a cultural champion - embodying Modsy's values and promoting positive culture
- Develop programs to support new and established managers to be more effective
- Shape Modsy's compensation and benefits strategy and offering
- Oversee the recruiting, onboarding and offboarding process
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as needed; maintain and update the staff handbook.
We’ll be excited about you because your experience and qualifications include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and/or education in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development
- Ten or more years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources
- Prior experience and success working with an organization rapidly scaling in staffing and geography
- Prior experience building organizations with strong values and culture
- Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse, high caliber group.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, creative problem solving, judgment, and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- Experience in development and administration of employee benefits and compensation programs
- Experience in development of talent programs
- Excellent organization skills with an emphasis on project management and the ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Evidence of a high level of confidentiality and empathy
- Familiarity with applicable federal and state employment law and practices
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.