About Clarus Commerce
At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
As part of the Finance Team you will evaluate the financial performance of the Company and marketing programs by compiling data, developing reports and presenting financial information and analysis to business teams. The position will use such tools as Tableau, Adaptive, INTACCT, and Excel to create and maintain forecasts, budgets, ad-hoc reporting, and monthly variance analysis.
- Participate and assist finance team in the month end financial closing, monthly reforecast, and annual budget processes
- Become proficient in Forecasting Software (Adaptive), in order to create and run ad hoc reports, update forecast and budget assumptions, model various financial scenarios, and research variance explanations.
- Become proficient in Accounting Software (INTACCT), in order to reconcile actual results to budgeted/forecasted results, run and review Profit & Loss Statements, and research variance explanations.
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining financial models including marketing costs models, lifetime profitability models and product cost models.
- Work closely with Client Services team to track financial impact of issues or opportunities that may arise with current Premium Loyalty Clients.
- Participate in data review, QA, and cross-training within Finance team
- Assist with monthly KPI package and P&L package to Board of Directors
- Actively participate in weekly and monthly business meetings with all levels of the company
- Support Financial team, including 2 senior financial analysts, business leaders, and CFO as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of financial analytics experience
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (especially Excel)
- Collaborates well on a team but can also work well independently
- Willingness to take on responsibility and ask questions