About Clarus Commerce
At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
The General Counsel will be responsible for keeping up to date on all privacy, marketing and other legal developments impacting the company. The position will take lead on negotiating, writing, reviewing, summarizing, researching, and executing a wide variety of agreements for companies and clients; including marketing agreements, partnership agreements, license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts.
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Strategic Business Units, Marketing, Brand Communication, Sales, Human Resources, Compliance, Data and Client Services on legal developments, contract execution, marketing compliance and any other areas where legal advice in required.
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Manage various projects and deadlines.
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Explain legal language.
- Provide assistance with joint ventures, strategic partnership deals, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Draft terms and conditions in agreements.
- Ensure legal objectives are met.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
- Oversee relationship with 3rd party legal firms
- Provide training to company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in multi-state membership marketing
- Experience with recurring billing products