At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
We are looking for an awesome Data Architect to join our growing team of Enterprise Data. This individual will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data architect who enjoys optimizing data schemas and building them from the ground up. The Data Architect will support our software developers, data engineers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Develops data architecture plans and executes them in collaboration with Data Owners, Solution Architects & Technology Leads.
- Defines and enforces data architecture standards, procedures, metrics, and policies to ensure consistency and adherence processes to ensure that is operational.
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical and data design approaches that yield actionable recommendations across multiple, diverse domains. Creates, maintains, and communicates current and target state data architecture for data domains within an assigned subject area.
- Guides application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states.
- Facilitates the transition from high level design and supports the project life cycle with input from management where needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Robust Data Architecture skills - sets direction for and possesses a deep understanding of data architecture patterns which integrate with industry trends.
- Experience in data management, data warehousing, data modeling, and business intelligence, and/or master data management, metadata management concepts and ETL frameworks.
- Experience in Agile development processes.
- Experience with large-scale, Hadoop big data methods, such as Spark, Scala, NiFi.
- Experience with AWS Cloud based data storage and processing technologies.
- Strong experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle or any other database platforms.
- Ability to independently learn new technologies and data related approaches.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
- Experience working with financial and accounting systems is preferred. Specific experience with Intacct accounting system is a plus.
- Experience with relational SQL databases, including SQL server and Postgres.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Nice to have experience with reporting /data visualization tools.
- Nice to have experience with BI tools: Tableau, QlikView, Domo, etc.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to research solutions to technical problems.
- Experience scheduling/automating scripts.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Experience a Small-company Atmosphere with Big-company Benefits.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- Grow with us with both technical and career growth opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours, family-friendly company events and charitable work.