At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
Clarus Commerce’s Engineering team is searching for a Senior Frontend Software Developer who is highly motivated, collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be a key member of our team making important technical decisions that will shape the company's future. You will join a highly-skilled IT organization and utilize the latest technologies to develop high-traffic websites, web services, mobile applications, and other software products.
- Help drive the technical direction of our offerings and solutions
- Build hands-on experience with many different technologies and delivery methodologies
- Design and code, troubleshoot and support (What you create is also what you and your team will own)
- Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with highly skilled teams
- Work in a fast-paced, agile project environment with small, focused teams
- Owning all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the launch of the project
- Responsible for software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Drive bug prioritization and work cross-functionally with engineering
- Provide technical support to internal team members
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in a vision and strategy
- Share knowledge through “Tech Talk” presentations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development.
- Expert Knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, Bootstrap, Less/Sass, Photoshop , Illustrator.
- Practical experience with MV* architecture (such as Backbone, Vue, React + Redux/Mobx, etc.), unidirectional data flow, and minimal class/object interfaces.
- Experience understanding and working with RESTFUL APIs.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff. Pixel level attention to detail.
- WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products utilizing the Microsoft technology stack: .Net/.Net Core Frameworks, C#, Asp.Net MVC, Entity Framework, WCF, and SQL Server 2014-2016.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and algorithm performance.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work with Creative team to interpret designs to best web practices.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to various types/levels of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills