Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Summary of Duties
- We’re looking to add our first User Experience Researcher to our Product organization. They will be focused on helping us better understand our 3+ million users' needs, motivations, and pain points to ensure we develop the optimal product experience.
- Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and a holistic approach to the research function. You'll work & partner closely with product management, product design, and engineering to help improve our members' relationship with money.
- This position will report directly to our Chief Product Officer.
- Advocate, through the research function, our members needs to product leads in order to create the best customer experience possible.
- Develop and distill Dave's research standards across a variety of methodologies (Ethnographic research, focus groups, usability benchmarking, user interviews & surveying, user persona & profile creation)
- Frequently communicate research findings to our key stakeholders while rigorously prioritizing the work we should do next.
- Define, track and report user experience KPIs.
In the first 30 Days, you will:
- Ask the right questions both to our team members and our customers to gain a strong understanding of Dave and our customer experience.
- Work with other members in Product and company stakeholders to understand what research we have done to date and where current team members identify a growth opportunity.
In the first 90 Days, you will:
- Begin to build our user research toolkit so we can standardize research across our product lines.
- Conduct user research with existing Dave users and deliver actionable insights to better inform Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering efforts.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental, and Vision Insurance plan.
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Generous equity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.