It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
Communication and collaboration will be key for this role as you will work very closely with the rest of the People Team as well as our cross-functional partners across the organization. You will also be critical support for our corporate employees, handling confidential questions and concerns quickly and effectively. This role will report to the Director of People Operations.
- Work with the Office Coordinator to manage the onboarding and offboarding process for all corporate employees
- Provide advice and coaching to all corporate employees on all employee-related issues such as performance management, documentation, career development, employee relations, policies, and procedures
- Own and administer employee engagement initiatives around engagement, retention, career pathing, and training and development for all corporate employees at Common
- Own the company-wide performance review process and make changes as needed to scale the process
- Provide excellent customer service for corporate employees and promptly address questions and concerns
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor HR processes to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of employee experience
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Manage immigration cases as needed
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- You have been working in an HR capacity for a minimum of 5+ years
- You’re highly organized, meticulous about detail and accuracy and get excited about process improvement.
- You have a strong ability to independently make well-informed decisions and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- You are a scrappy and resourceful problem solver and can adjust to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You are a team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- You hold a BA/BS Degree
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.