It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is looking for a reliable Porter who can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, while also delivering a high level of customer service. The Porter will be responsible for maintaining the visual appeal of the community spaces through daily cleaning and upkeep. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude and is dedicated to making each member's experience within the building as pleasant as possible. This role will report the Regional Property Services Manager.Responsibilities
- Clean and maintain pristine cleanliness of lobbies, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and other common areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc.
- Maintain common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc.
- Maintain common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows
- Maintain common area lighting which involves changing light bulbs
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas
- Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area
- 90% of job will be dedicated to cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2+ years prior experience working as a Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter in a hotel or apartment building or similar environment that requires good hospitality and customer service skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
- Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time
- Light maintenance knowledge is a plus
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.