It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Manage and oversee all maintenance aspects of our Hampton, VA Area portfolio of properties
- Manage Assistant Property Technicians and third party trade partners, ensuring the safety, quality, and cleanliness of work performed
- Implement preventative maintenance plan to ensure all building systems are well maintained and conform to building code and other regulations
- Conduct regular inspections of facilities and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Ad-hoc maintenance requests based on business needs
- Provide and maintain accurate record keeping of all maintenance requests
- Maintain and manage all documents to ensure we are compliant with local law
- Manage common stock and assets, moving them between homes where necessary
- Help suggest improvements and fixes to make our Property Management process run even smoother
- Occasionally attend member events as and when required
- 5 - 7 years of residential maintenance experience working in a position maintaining large buildings including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC
- Skilled in general handyman work, especially carpentry
- Good understanding of the nuances of local property regulations
- Ability to work independently and utilize technology to communicate with the team
- Ability to identify areas for improvement, and not afraid to speak up when you have an idea
- Flexibility - this is not a typical 9-5 job. There may be times when on-call status may be required. You must be available to provide and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Previous experience with management of facilities staff and trade partners
- Bachelor's' degree or equivalent work experience
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.