Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, we’re on a mission to protect digital communications so humanity prevails over evil.
Agari is transforming the email security landscape with the next-generation Secure Email Cloud™ powered by predictive AI. Leveraging data science and real-time intelligence from trillions of emails, Agari has a suite of products that detect, defend, and deter costly advanced email attacks.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We value learning through pairing on unfamiliar areas of the stack with someone knowledgeable and by attending conferences and classes.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day development and high-availability maintenance of the Agari Incident Response (AIR) web application, data-processing pipeline, and related services. You will:
- Create applications that fundamentally protect people on the Internet
- Work in a cross-functional team to identify product needs, design solutions, and prioritize work
- Investigate technologies and build tools and services with other engineers across the company
- Practice secure development methodologies during design, implementation, and maintenance of Agari products and services
Your Keys to Success
As a member of the AIR Engineering team, you will be most successful with the following:
- 2 years of experience in a Software Engineering environment.
- Ability to identify technical and non-technical needs of a product
- Ability to communicate well with Agarians from all departments (within the Product/Engineering organization and beyond)
- Experience developing distributed systems which can handle data at scale
- Experience with building RESTful APIs for web applications
- Proficiency with Python for high-performance data processing
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails (or similar, combined with a willingness to learn Ruby)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (PostgreSQL experience is a big plus)
- Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services such as Lambda, SQS, Elasticsearch Service, RDS, CloudFront, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience developing in and deploying to containerized environments (e.g. using Docker)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Comfortable using Linux in a development, test, and production environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable experience
Knowledge of standards for email structure and transport protocols
Knowledge of container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, EKS, AKS)
Experience leveraging build and continuous integration (CI) platforms such as Drone
Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)