Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
The Analytic Engineer (AE) Intern role combines, analytic skills and a desire to learn the processes and data that support the business of healthcare. The primary accountability of the Intern is to support Analytic Engineers in the exploration of measurable opportunities for our clients to act upon that will drive down cost, improve quality, and improve patient experience.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Supporting analytic continuity at Health Catalyst clients through all phases of deployment.
- Familiarity and support of Catalyst methodologies.
- Managing client expectations and timelines for deliverables.
- Supporting the Analytic teams in key areas, including deployment, communication, and client training.
- Supporting the presentation of analytic insights to client clinical/operational/financial leadership.
- Interfacing with a variety of Health Catalyst (HC) roles (such as senior directors, product line managers, clinical staff, etc.) on an as needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage HC software and technologies to perform varied analyses in support of client outcomes improvement initiatives across clinical, operational and financial domains.
- Design data models and visualizations that meet project requirements and comply with HC design standards and principles.
- Ensure assigned projects are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines.
- Perform data validation tests to ensure quality of measurement.
- All other duties as assigned
- Basic skills in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Understanding of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes.
- Ability to deliver analytics to technical, non-technical, and key stakeholders.
- Experience developing visualizations that consume data models for non-technical users
- Effective written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to Interact with and communicate with all levels of employees and clients
- Comfortable working independently under general direction
- Health care experience, particularly working with data
- Exposure to statistical modeling
- Working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
- Knowledge of development methodologies including AGILE development
Education & Relevant Experience
- Pursuing a BS/BA or Masters in information technology, math, statistics or business-related field or equivalent relevant work experience
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.