Appriss Health is instrumental in providing data and analytic solutions to inform and support decision-making related to substance use disorder. With our solutions, we’re helping healthcare systems and providers, pharmacies, state governments, health plans and law enforcement officials better identify, prevent, and manage substance use, throughout the USA. We’re committed to helping providers, and others involved in patient care and oversight, work together to achieve better outcomes through earlier intervention.
Summary of Duties
As a Senior Data Governance Professional, you will partner with all areas of Appriss Health to design develop, implement, and evangelize data governance and master data management best practices.
- First point of contact for data governance and master data management activities across Appriss Health.
- With Business partners, drive the collection and maintenance of key business metadata including data definitions; rules; lineage; data lifecycle; security; privacy; and process, organization, location and application models.
- Ensure data adheres to all business and enterprise standards.
- Socialize the value of the Data Governance program including benefits for stakeholders; rules for engagement; and the enforcement of data policies and standards with operational procedures and governed solutions
- Work collaboratively in the business area/data subject area by continually measuring performance to data governance and data stewardship KPI’s (e.g., data quality) and facilitate methods to address exceptions to predetermined thresholds, monitoring through completion.
- Provide input to data policy and standards; data governance priorities; change management strategies and communication plans; and to the future composition, direction and roles of the data governance organizational framework.
- Knowledge of SQL query language
- Strong leadership and organizational awareness with ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to be a change agent, embracing change and bringing others along
- Experienced in managing/monitoring data platforms with data driven objectives
- Deep understanding of how data supports corporate strategy, is used within business processes and how to quantify its impact to business
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structure, data systems/tools and related software and data management policies and practices in a complex organizational environment
- Ability to understand data models, data taxonomy, and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Prior work in an AWS environment
- Prior work on a Master Data Management team
- Exposure to Graph Databases (AWS Neptune, Neo4j)
- Exposure to any of the various Data Maturity Models (IBM, Stanford, CMMI)
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.