- Help build a world class machine learning deployment solution that solves real-industry problems at a massive scale
- Join a remote-friendly company - work anywhere in the US or Canada including your sofa, the beach, or our Seattle waterfront office
- Experience rapid growth in an AI startup, backed by industry leaders including Google’s AI fund
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on a massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 90k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
Due to ongoing growth, we’re hiring a Machine Learning - Infrastructure Engineer to join the Machine Learning team. You’ll join a team of highly focused engineers developing for a platform that supports over 90k engineers and processes millions of AI and ML workloads. Our team has worked on building billion dollar products at Amazon, Danger, Microsoft, Socrata, and Paypal. We offer our engineers an unparalleled opportunity to learn, grow, and impact an enormous user community.
What does the Machine Learning team do?
The Machine Learning team is empathetic to our users. We build and deploy models, experience the whole Machine Learning lifecycle. We turn that experience into stories, content, demos, and perhaps most importantly, feedback into the product. We can split our responsibilities into three broad categories that contributes to the company's mission:
The ML team thinks about the best practices for machine learning systems, and tries to be on the forefront of thought leadership in our space. We produce blogs and technical demos. This isn’t limited just within the Algorithmia platform, but includes full pipelines demonstrating the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle. We keep an eye on newly released open-source models, and add them to the platform. However, this responsibility is secondary to the focus on how to do machine learning in production.
The ML team drives value to the company through what it brings to the product. Many features developed by the ML team is being used in customer demos. The team adds & maintains new programming languages & runtime environments for algorithms. We keep up with the developments in all major ML frameworks. We try out common ML workflows, and work with product to ensure the platform can support those integrations.
The ML team provides deep technical support at the algorithm/model level.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Algorithmia, you will:
- Write production-quality code that solves real world problems, in any of our supported algorithm development languages
- Create blog posts, integrations & demos for end-to-end machine learning systems
- Build & maintain build/runtime environments for all major machine learning frameworks: Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, Caffe, AllenNLP, SpaCy, etc
- Develop tools to use for Data Scientists from top Fortune 100 companies around the world
- Work with a passionate, distributed team on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
- Have a real career plan, with mentorship and fast-track opportunities to promotion, technical leadership, people management, or wherever your interests may be
- Work anywhere in the US or Canada
And we might make the perfect match if you:
- Are a skilled software engineer with experience in more than one programming language (such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.) and deep understanding of at least one (we do a lot of Python - and will be happy to teach you the other languages)
- Have deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
- Experience working on distributed systems, industry data science, any kind of public AI/ML projects, distributed or parallel computing, or the implementation of something cool on our AI marketplace (hint: free trial!)
- Are current on the state-of-the-art in machine learning algorithms in the industry
- Having practical experience or a degree (MS/PhD is a plus) in Computer Science including practical areas of Machine Intelligence (or Deep Learning), and excellent fundamentals in computer science, algorithms, and software design
As a Machine Learning - Infrastructure Engineer at Algorithmia you’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way everyone uses AI and ML. You’ll solve real problems, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages you to follow your own interests as well. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, quirky, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond just salary, equity, and insurance benefits - all from the comfort of your own sofa (or our dog-friendly office).
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.