Extole is the leading enterprise advocacy platform. Brands use Extole to turn customers into advocates. Our enterprise advocacy platform and team of experts create beautiful advocate and referral programs, so brands can harness the power of online sharing to benefit their bottom line. Extole enables marketers to connect with millions of advocates, scaling word-of-mouth to acquire new customers and increase loyalty using their greatest competitive advantage: their customers.
Extole is built using a number of Java services that collaborate using REST and Kafka. Slower processing is handled by Spark running MapReduce on our Hadoop cluster. Our consumer-facing frontend is composed of highly optimized custom libraries which are injected into client websites. The administrative interface is a Backbone application built on top of our REST APIs. We use Terraform to fully describe our infrastructure on AWS.
Extole's engineering is a close-knit team where everyone reviews each other’s Github pull requests. We are expected to learn from our peers and help others learn.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for a developer to build rich, scaleable user experiences that are intuitive to use. Frontend Engineer roles and responsibilities also include providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle from concept and design to testing. Key components of this job include:
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Preparing designs in compliance with specifications
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Hadoop a plus
- Experience developing on Linux/Mac OS
- Experience with Terraform, AWS are a plus
You will work with a team of talented people in our Moldova office, located in the centre of Chișinău.
Extole offers a highly competitive salary.
Paid sick leave and vacation.
Flexible work hours.