We’re looking for our newest rockstar Graphic Designer: Join a friendly, fun and fast-paced team in developing an amazing brand with a sparkling future. You’re bright, driven, accurate, you’ve got lots of ideas, and you’re up for a challenge.
What You’ll Do:
- Design digital assets including web banners, emails, landing pages, digital ads, and more.
- Design print assets like ads, mailers and visual merchandising (for in store displays).
- Present design thinking and work to internal clients and c-level team members with your engaging presentation skills.
- Develop external-facing Powerpoints with a high degree of flair.
- Contribute stellar design skills with creative, edgy, and bold concepts for marketing and branding projects with a keen eye for a simple, strong design.
- Strong knowledge of color, typography, design and graphic principles.
- Pixel-perfect photo retouching skills.
- A passion for art, advertising, design, culture and trends.
- Concept and strategize creative solutions partnering with team members.
- Think analytically: Generate a wide range of concepts, and versions for user testing.
- Understand, articulate, and strategically apply the latest platform/industry/creative trends and digital best practices.
- Follow design direction and uphold consistency of the brand across all media.
- A champion of the customer: view things from her perspective, and always advocate for them to have the optimal experience.
- Become a key "voice" in projects, promoting design, our Brand Book, and how it can be utilized among all our company departments.
- Self-starter who works efficiently and effectively in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Manage your workflow with the help of the Project Manager.
- Exceptional organizational skills: impeccable file naming conventions, immaculate file structure.
- Proactive and deadline-driven. Ability to carry out a concept from start to completion, on your own.
- A great attitude, ability to take constructive criticism, willingness to learn; able to absorb and apply feedback quickly with a positive outlook.
- Foster positive, enthusiastic, collaborative and inspiring relationships among the internal teams internal “clients”—digital product, product development, social, acquisition, retention, and PR.
- Understanding of information architecture and effective usability techniques for web.
What We’re Excited about:
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Powerpoint
- At least 4 years of professional design experience in ecommerce.
- A portfolio showing a wide range of brands, clients and project types, particularly web, email, social design, campaign concepting and production, and thorough print experience.
- Outstanding conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Strong adherence to the Brand Book, and ability to extrapolate from it in a fluid way, contributing to the quality and depth of the brand.
- Proactive with assertive communication skills. Excellent ability to explain and support your thinking: define the design problem and describe your solution with clarity, within the team and to c-level executives.
- Deadline driven, get it done mentality.
- Solid understanding of digital media, emerging technologies and new ideas.
- Beauty or fashion experience a plus.
- Video and photographic capabilities a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, use fingers and hands, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, and hear. May on occasion lift/push/pull office products and supplies up to 20 pounds in weight.
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand that empowers ALL women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Join a company where we live and breathe these values, from how we treat our customers to our growing team. Madison Reed believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves.
Madison Reed is revolutionizing the $50 billion hair care industry by making personal care more personal and by offering best-in-class products formulated under strict standards that truly raise the bar. Our deep commitment to the "client" experience paired with our dedication to technology and product innovation has fostered an extremely dedicated, consistently-growing fan base.
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.