The Principal Software Architect will be a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills with retail platform & service expertise. The Principal Software Architect will be extensively involved in activities included but not limited to architecture, development & testing. The ideal Principal Software Architect will have managerial experience in a fast paced and agile environment. They will also have the ability to work cross functionally within the Madison Reed organization.
Who you are:
- Lead the architecture, development and implementation of various retail platform initiatives with ownership. Lead end to end delivery of assigned projects while working cross functionally across the organization.
- Help achieve goals by understanding requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical solutions.
- Architect, develop and maintain systems, delivering high-availability and performance. While working on development of new products and converting ideas into scalable SaaS products.
- Implement Retail Platform best practices and processes, ensuring that development of all deliverables are within budget and met with quality using all proactive validation techniques.
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, developing automation frameworks for testing and deployments, and other related items in addition to contributing to core products and services.
- Deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field), Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) highly desired, not a must.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in building large scale applications, Product Development & SaaS, B2B, design and coding experience is a must.
- Management experience with the ability to lead development teams, influence and drive initiatives/strategies a must.
- Interact with business partners (internal customers) to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs and technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand that empowers ALL women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Join a company where we live and breathe these values, from how we treat our customers to our growing team. Madison Reed believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves.
Madison Reed is revolutionizing the $50 billion hair care industry by making personal care more personal and by offering best-in-class products formulated under strict standards that truly raise the bar. Our deep commitment to the “client” experience paired with our dedication to technology and product innovation has fostered an extremely dedicated, consistently-growing fan base.
Information for Recruiters:
Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.