Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Health Catalyst is searching for a Bioinformatics Intern to work with the Sr Bioinformatics Data Engineer in Life Sciences in building out a rich data asset that manages content across many hospitals. This effort will include incorporating 3rd party knowledgebases, joining to patient genomic data, and other tasks as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledgebase for somatic and germline variants from public resources such as OncoKB, gnomAD, ExAC, and COSMIC.
- Curate knowledgebase of targeted therapies and their corresponding treatment indications from the FDA and automate the addition of new approvals.
- Curate custom genomics terminology for identifying Molecular testing such as NGS, IHC, FISH, etc.
- Maintain data dictionaries and ERDs for Life Sciences' Precision Medicine Portfolio.
- Contribute to 'Omics R&D and production pipelines for identifying molecular results from clinical laboratory testing.
- Write and maintain unit test scripts for updating production pipelines.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.