InfluxData is a fast-growing Series-D startup developing InfluxDB, the time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear category leader. InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines and used by teams worldwide to monitor and understand their systems. The majority of users are developers and builders utilizing our open source software, but we also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API.
We’re looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join a small team of full-stack testing engineers and to have a considerable impact in making our data scripting and query language among the best in any category, to work on the challenging problems that ensure our product is the fastest, easiest to use and scale to maximum. In this role, you will be a part of our growing and talented engineering organization that is working on delivering purpose-built time series platform and contributing to open source, reporting to the QA Manager. If You like databases, data clusters and like breaking them even more, would like to work in the environment where Quality Assurance is not an after-thought, get away from corporate attire and red tape, then keep reading.
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remotely or out of our San Francisco office. (*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy and the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Analyze a complex software system and design a strategy to test it
- Advocate for testability during design process, enabling reliable and efficient automation
- Assist in developing our Cloud test strategy, build Cloud test infrastructure and automation frameworks for testing cloud services running on AWS, GCP and Azure
- Understand and synthesize requirements to produce test plans and test cases
- Work with developers to automate testing, implement new automation tools and improve existing automation frameworks
- Develop strategy, tools, processes, and frameworks to test individual modules, as well as the complete platform
- Test new features and existing functionality of a new data scripting and query language (Flux)
- Collaborate with other engineers, providing testing insides and coming up with innovative solutions to improve and ensure the quality of our platform
What You'll Bring the Team:
- Terrific communication and interaction skills
- Experience testing distributed clustered systems
- Knowledge of DBMS query processing
- Solid understanding of noSQL database concepts
- Strong technical skills working in Linux/Unix environments
- Passion for cutting edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things
- Experience working with geographically dispersed team
- Experience with Python, Go, UNIX shell, Jenkins and Git
- Experience testing computer languages
- Strong commitment to best practices in SQA and software development, including modern CI processes and automating everything vision
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.