LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role:
The SEC Reporting Senior Analyst will be an individual contributor responsible for assisting in the preparation and filing of required quarterly and annual financial statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K), as well as quarterly Earnings Releases and ad hoc SEC filings (Form 8-K). This position will work closely with the Technical Accounting and Corporate Accounting departments and external auditors, and will report to the Director of SEC Reporting.
What You'll Do
- Participate in the design, preparation, and completion of external and internal financial reports, including audited financial statements and SEC filings;
- Research, interpret and implement accounting and regulatory guidance and instructions to ensure accurate and relevant disclosures in audited financial statements and SEC filings;
- Execute and maintain an effective internal control environment;
- Establish and leverage relationships with internal business partners;
- Continuously work to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls;
- Support the annual external audit and quarterly reviews; and
- Participate in ad hoc projects, including SEC comment letter responses and disclosure research.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- CPA license preferred;
- 3+ years of work experience in public accounting;
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred;
- Prior experience with Workiva software a plus;
- XBRL knowledge a plus;
- Self-motivated, proactive, quick learner with a desire to improve processes;
- Ability and desire to build and cultivate strong relationships with team members and internal business partners;
- Adaptive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial reporting principles, and SEC regulatory requirements;
- Proven strong analytical skills; and
- Strong MS Office skills required, including proficiency in Excel.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.