This role requires a leadership-based managerial style and strong Java skills. We develop in an agile environment that values a team-player approach and clings tightly to the conviction that speed is an essential feature. You’ll be responsible for leading a team that develops a platform that is critical in ensuring LendingClub remains high-performing, scalable and reliable for our borrowers and investors.
What You'll Do
Lending Club is looking to hire a Sr Manager, Engineering within our Auto business group. This role requires a leadership-based managerial style and strong collaboration skills. We operate in a cross functional agile environment. We value strong team-players! You’ll be responsible for leading a global product engineering team building the next-gen auto financing offering. You'll use your technical skills to enable team collaboration with product managers, ensure awesome user experiences, quality & on-site reliability.
- 10+ years of experience in building and delivering software
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably leading global teams
- Solid experience with agile processes, especially scrum
- Strong understanding of testing and quality: TDD, automated test
- Strong understanding of SOA and MVC concepts
- Experience in data architecture, SQL, and ORM frameworks
- Strong focus on people development and coaching strong engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to scale applications
- Passion to deliver
- Experience in a true agile environment
- A desire to transform the FinTech industry
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.