LendingClub's Legal Department is seeking an attorney for the position of a Product Counsel in Lehi, UT. You will be an expert in contract drafting and review as well as familiar with consumer finance laws and regulations and can anticipate and deliver on the needs of our various personal loans products. You will be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the flexibility to manage a wide range of innovative projects proficiently.
What You'll Do
- Support the business in its offering of credit products for its personal loans line of business;
- Partner with the business in streamlining processes;
- Partner with issuing banks for ongoing monitoring and refinement;
- Deliver legal counsel and expertise on the development of new products and services, consumer finance laws and regulations, marketing, account servicing and other business matters;
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, within legal team and partnering collaboratively to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with team members;
- Work closely with issuing bank partners on marketing review, partner contracts and new product launches;
- Manage the successful delivery of services by outside counsel; and
- Drive and executing special projects in support of key objectives of the Legal and Compliance teams.
- J.D. with terrific academic credentials;
- State bar member in good standing;
- You have at least 5 years of combined law firm or government and in-house legal department experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility;
- You have expertise in product counseling in consumer finance space (knowledge of TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FDCPA a plus);
- A business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and external customers, with comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels;
- You have the ability and desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law;
- Desire to pitch in and to learn new areas of the business and legal practice; and
- Propensity to thrive in a dynamic environment and successfully handle competing deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Comfort in a fast-paced, creative, disruptive, test and learn culture; and
- Impeccable integrity.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.