Play a critical role in partnering with business and technical stakeholders in developing Data driven solutions. You will be accountable for the execution, enablement and deployment of data and technology capabilities across multiple business groups. You will play a pivotal role in helping transform the technology, capabilities, platform and processes to enable the success of Lending Club’s data driven strategy.
Work with various business and technology partners to understand LendingClub data and define, model, create and test enterprise wide data models to be used by various business groups
You will report to the Sr Director, Data Engineering who will outline the strategy and look to the candidate to own the creation of the data and technology roadmap from design through to deployment, while partnering with key stakeholders to create it. You will also be required to partner with many entities/stakeholder groups including Business line GMs, Marketing, Operations, Risk, Product, and Technology teams to prioritize and align activities against business objectives and drive the roadmap for implementation.
You will support the development of roadmap creation and execution from design through to deployment, partnering with key stakeholders to create. As part of the role you will need to ensure the organization change management activities are effectively managed and ensure uptake of the product is delivering to the business objectives.
What You'll Do
-Performing logical and physical data modeling. Skills needed include UML and relational theory.
-Develop and maintain artifacts, such as: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, data mappings.
-Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholder communities to discuss requirements and models developed.
-Define and analyze data requirements, map data stores and formats to logical data model concepts.
Assists mission organizations and data architecture teams in developing logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams. These UML based models will be the source for mission physical models and associated exchange formats.
-Analyzing requirements in order to produce and maintain artifacts such as Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, and data mappings.
-Representing business concepts, their definitions, properties, and relationships via modeling.
-Collaborating with data modelers within the organization and from other organizations to develop data models of common concern.
-Aligning domain models and mission models with each other and with enterprise models.
-Coordinating, meeting, and holding technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholders to discuss modeling requirements and perform model validation.
-Producing models to support the mapping of data in legacy data formats and data stores to modern formats and enterprise data stores.
- Work with business stakeholders to collect requirements and Delivery Lead to translate it into an executional roadmap acting as the guardian of the roadmap
- Manage the capture and translation of business requirements into user stories outlining the why and the what
- Analyze the business needs and translate them into deliverables such as Data flow diagrams, Test Cases/Use Cases etc.
- Be the data SME and champion for data education and user training
- Aid the developer community with Quality Assurance of the deliverables and ensure they match the requirements
- Work with the Technical Delivery Lead to refine the what and understand the how (which is owned by the Technical Delivery Lead)
- Ensure all stakeholders understand, support and are aligned on the roadmap
- Manage roadmap updates into sprint planning and delivery
- Prioritize feature development through strong product backlog management
- Conduct market research to drive the product roadmap
- Be involved in all agile ceremonies including estimation sessions, planning meetings, daily stand ups, demos and retrospectives
- Be available to answer questions about requirements and make product decisions as required
- Ability to use data to outline to not only prioritize but also come up with baseline measurements to showcase business value of work being delivered
- Evaluate gaps in capabilities, data or partners required to deliver Marketing strategies, and provide recommendations to deliver against them
- Lead process re-engineering efforts to utilize the new marketing capabilities and engage with business partners from various streams to roadmap the re-engineered process and influence its application
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Marketing Technology & Customer Experience lead, in the development of product strategy and roadmap communicating relevant technical details in simple business terms
- Marketing impacted stakeholders (Analytics, Marketing Operations and Partnership Marketing) on the feature releases and subsequent change impacts
- Marketing stakeholders to gather customer feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics. Prioritize and deliver necessary enhancements
- Technical Data Delivery lead for the execution of the features, roadmap planning and stories
- Technical Engineering for collaboration on crossover areas
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- You will have a passion and understanding of data with a focus on having fun while delivering incredible business results
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning, a deep knowledge of human-centered design, a love of data, and an interest in the industry
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling, entity relationship, data quality, metadata management, data dictionary, data lineage
- Experience in building data warehouse for customer 360, Credit, Account, Asset is a plus
- Experience with data analytics, data warehousing and big data
- Demonstrate curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products to market at rapid speed
- Strong proven planning skills and strategic thought process
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Agile specific knowledge/certifications and delivery experience is desired but not essential
- University degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Analytics, Product Management, Operations or Technology
- Ability to write complex SQL to slice and dice complex data sets
- Understanding of data modeling, entity relationship etc.
- Awareness of modern big data solution such as Hadoop
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.