Lending Club’s Compliance Department is seeking talented individuals for a position as Compliance Analyst to support the company’s Borrower Compliance activities. Based in San Francisco, CA, the incumbent will contribute to a strong risk management culture with first, second, and third line functions to ensure regulatory compliance risks are identified, monitored, mitigated, and reported on an ongoing basis.
The Compliance Analyst, supports the Head of Borrower Compliance. In the role you'll work closely with our Borrower Group (personal and auto loans) to provide compliance advice, as well as review policies and procedures, related to the consumer protection regulations and other applicable laws. This position will be responsible for maintaining required documentation to support compliance with laws governing lending compliance. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the production of various daily, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports used by stakeholders and management.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
What You'll Do
- Participate in the development of a holistic Compliance Risk Management Plan for our Borrower Advisory team and LendingClub Asset Management, including the development of an annual risk assessment based on applicable regulations such Fair Lending, UDAAP, FCRA, and other consumer protection regulations at the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Identify Compliance key risk indicators and key performance indicators applicable to Borrower Compliance and report on such indicators to the CCO and senior management regularly.
- Review and/or draft policies, procedures, and standards for applicable securities regulations, marketing regulations, privacy regulations and other pertinent laws, rules, and regulations.
- Monitor regulatory developments and work with business partners to revise or enhance practices, documentation, controls, and monitoring as needed to align with new or revised laws, rules, or regulations.
- Review and comment on compliance training on a variety of policy matters.
- Assume responsibility for special compliance projects working with all levels of the organization as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and relevant experience in financial services compliance or regulation.
- Interest in the Consumer Lending Protection regulation
- Collaborative, able to influence, negotiate and solve problems with business partners and expert teams across the organizational lines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificities of our unique business model and technology
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.