Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our 7,000 customers in 140 countries make a direct impact on the world every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, we’ve grown to include ten global offices. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Disruptive Innovation, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Vancouver team, you will collaborate with, mentor and guide a team of talented developers and UX designers to innovate, design, build, test and deploy visually-stunning user experiences for our HighBond platform. Every feature is proudly built and owned end-to-end with the goal of enabling our customers to do heroic work. To understand more about software development at Galvanize, check out our blog.
What you need to succeed
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- You have strong ability to coach, mentor and lead fellow developers, provide guidance on technical design and provide constructive code reviews.
- You are able to set up robust testing architectures and write effective tests at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- You are passionate about learning and continuous improvement.
- You have creative ideas, a collaborative attitude and strong work ethic.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working with applications built with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience building applications with TypeScript.
- You are actively involved in local meetups and contribute to open source projects.
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
- Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
- You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, onsite gym and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and more.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We invite you to check us out on wegalvanize.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.