We are looking for a seasoned Systems DevOps Engineer to join our Operations Team in the downtown Portland office. You’ll be part of the group responsible for implementing, maintaining, and scaling the infrastructure supporting Act-On’s automated marketing platform.
If you like clouds and data centers, monoliths and micro services, you’ll have a chance to work with it all as we continue to modernize our technology stack.
If you think about infrastructure that only lives in repositories, or cloud-agnostic container platforms, or choosing between leveraging cloud managed services and robust physical systems, you may be the person we’re searching for.
You’ll join a team of brilliant, friendly engineers who strive to automate, log and make metrics for all the things!
- Design and deliver engineering solutions for automated processes that orchestrate and manage the infrastructure under the Act-On Platform;
- Partner with Engineering, Quality Assurance and Hardware Operations to deliver highly available, scalable continuous delivery systems;
- Troubleshoot, assess, and improve processes and systems within the infrastructure;
- Replacing outdated and obsolete systems with code-managed modern services and platforms;
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience;
- Five years experience in an Operations role, with two or more years in a DevOps role;
- Containerization, Docker, and/or Kubernetes - Pivotal Cloud Foundry a huge plus;
- Puppet, Ansible & Terraform configuring all the things in vSphere, AWS and Azure;
- Linux server administration, care and feeding, ideally RHEL;
- AWS Infrastructure (Policies, VPCs, SGs, Billing);
- Observability with Splunk, Loggly, New Relic, Pingdom, Sensu.
- Experience in managing high-capacity SMTP systems, ideally PowerMTAs;
- Good with DNS, LDAP, Load Balancers;
- VMWare vSphere & Cisco HyperFlex Systems.