Act-On, an award-winning SaaS company located in Portland, OR, is passionate about delivering the best automation platform possible to marketers around the world. We are currently seeking a Front End Web Developer that is equally passionate about building engaging websites and user experiences that delight and elicit a response.
If you are a talented Front End Web Developer who is passionate about building meaningful and beautiful user interactions and websites interface - let’s talk. This role requires someone who is a team player, and functions well in a fast-paced environment. Having a design background and being able to talk about user experience is a big plus.
What You'll Do
- Build and manage intuitive, SEO friendly, and performance-optimized websites, campaign hubs and other owned media properties
- Develop themes from ground up, as well as installing and customizing pre-existing themes as appropriate, to enable the team to scale and maintain consistent brand
- Be the primary owner of the web development and operations processes to ensure high quality product that is efficient, including wireframing to production workflows
- Own the integration strategy between the website and Act-On products
- Provide Tech Leadership on projects and mentorship / coach more junior team members; develop outsourced teams as necessary to execute priority projects
- Write Features & Functions documentation prior to starting projects and ensure the appropriate stakeholders are in the know
- Ability to generate estimates, technical specs, test plans, technical architecture and strategy
- Be a confident developer and a team leader excited by learning and absorbing new technologies but also supporting legacy code and making it better
- Analyze existing code and make dynamic refactoring changes as needed to ensure high performance
- Be a creative problem solver, with an ability to understand and communicate micro / macro details out to stakeholders
- Well versed in Frontend technologies such as CSS, JS, Semantic Markup, PHP, and WordPress
- Experience with building websites and themes from ground up using Photoshop or MockFlow Design files, or other tools
- Experience in building websites in Wordpress.
- Experience with version control using Git and/or Github
- Experience in agile/scrum environments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with clients and team members
- Pixel-perfect, attention to detail
- Ability to communicate design decisions and UX principles and document in writing
- Able to contribute to team growth and process improvement
- Competitive Salary
- Various options for Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- X Days PTO and X Days floating Holidays
- Work-Life Balance
- Retirement 401(K)
- Wonderful views of Portland and Mt. Hood
- Position is onsite in our downtown Portland office.
- Please include a cover letter specific to this role and your resume. In the cover letter, please include why you want to work for Act-On and compensation expectations.