At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
Clarus Commerce’s IT team is searching for a Site Reliability Engineer who is highly motivated, collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will help maintain reliable and highly-scalable software systems. You will help us continue running our applications smoothly as our business scales. You will join a highly-skilled IT organization utilizing the latest technologies to maintain high-traffic websites, web services, business analytics and reporting.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems.
- Working with an extraordinary team of highly talented, smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people.
- Great work space and competitive benefits.
- Develop and/or Implement tools to monitor applications and systems for optimal performance and issues
- Develop and/or Implement tools to monitor daily jobs and processes and remediate or own facilitation of issue remediation with files, data, jobs etc.
- Build automation for alerting on issues with backend jobs and processes.
- Advise and/or Build automation for manual processes.
- Build software to help operations and support teams.
- Fix support escalations issues.
- Document “Tribal” knowledge.
- Identify/fix root causes of issues.
- Build/maintain dashboard to help monitor jobs/alert
- Detect and troubleshoot issues and suggest possible remedies
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle issues before processes break
- Conduct post-incident reviews and own resolutions
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical system administration and programming experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
- An appetite and aptitude to learn, we’re always advancing our tech stack
- Experience planning and supporting +99.99% availability against critical applications in production
- Monitoring tools: Splunk and New Relic
- Strong programming/scripting experience with .NET, c#, PowerShell and Python
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in job monitoring and complex SQL queries is a plus
- Experience with DevOps methodologies is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to both technical and non-technical groups.
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in a vision and strategy.
- Candidate should be independent, self-starter/self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Able to promote, maintain, and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives and engage stakeholders.
- Share knowledge through “Tech Talk” presentations.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to various types/levels of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal/written English skills.