Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, and over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is seeking an Asset Manager to work with our growing roster of real estate partners. As a key member of Common’s Asset Management team, you will serve as the primary point of contact for Common’s real estate owners, and champion their interests internally. You will work closely with the Real Estate, Finance, Operations and Legal teams to define, measure, and communicate asset performance for Common’s clients. This role reports to the VP of Asset Management.
- Serve as the real estate owner’s primary point of contact within Common
- Lead the onboarding of new clients to ensure expectations are set for a successful partnership
- Understand each client and their pipeline of projects with Common, including open homes, projects in development, and deals under negotiation
- Maintain a holistic view of the homes in assigned portfolio, including ownership structure, partnership agreement, scope of services, and financial and operational performance
- Be intimately familiar with the business plans and operating budgets for each home in assigned portfolio
- Collaborate with the Operations team to address portfolio issues that meaningfully impact NOI
- Identify opportunities to grow relationships with existing partners
- Act as the client’s primary advocate within Common and work cross-functionally to execute upon client feedback
- You have worked in asset management, account management, property management, or sales within a real estate organization
- You have experience working with external partners or clients
- You are fluent with financial and business metrics and can read and understand a P&L statement with ease
- You are able to anticipate and communicate issues before they become problems
- You are comfortable working cross-departmentally to get things done
- You have excellent verbal and written communication
- You are able to navigate ambiguity and make data-informed decisions quickly
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience