Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 34 buildings, 6 cities, and over 900 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and convenient living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate buildings in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, Washington, D.C., and Virginia Beach and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-starters,, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities in 2019. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated, business people to help us turn housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is an entry-level position with strong career development and the opportunity for rapid promotion into senior sales, member services, and real estate roles. This role reports to the Leasing Manager and is eligible for monthly commission.
- Tour prospects through homes. Determine the sales strategy associated with the building.
- Be an expert on all available products in a region. You should be comfortable speaking about the differences between homes, and able to match/sell the right home to the right prospect.
- Weekly goal setting and demand generation. Determine the priority of vacant units, based on a number of competing objectives. Communicate those priorities to marketing and inside sales to produce demand against that inventory.
- Work with our development team to design tools and dashboards to support leasing activity for homes.
- Other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities from time to time and based on business needs.
- You have 2+ years of sales experience (real estate preferred but not required).
- You will be able to demonstrate both a consultative and aggressive selling style if need be, and can tailor your pitch to respond to prospect’s specific pain points and challenges.
- You are comfortable working in environments where you will be able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself.
- Your schedule is flexible and will be willing to work weekends and evenings if need be.
- Ability to travel to support other markets
- Emotional intelligence, coachability, and a strong work ethic
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.