Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role
As the Production Manager for our operation in San Francisco, CA, you are directly responsible for overseeing and assisting in the day to day operations. You will manage, mentor, and develop a team of associates who ultimately ensure that our customers have a great experience when they open their boxes. This is an exciting time to join the team because you will play a huge part in shaping this operation and building a blueprint for future launches in new cities. You will be reporting to Director of Warehouse Operations, and assisting them in ensuring a successful assembly and delivery of produce boxes from our warehouse in San Francisco, CA.
- Ensure adequate staffing by scheduling, training, and mentoring the local team to ensure they are meeting performance metrics and operating efficiently
- Take control of all aspects of production of boxes: setting up the line, packing, and cleaning up at the end of each shift
- Coordinates with Warehouse/Inventory manager for ordering warehouse supplies to ensure that the team has enough supplies to operate seamlessly on a day to day basis. Order necessary supplies on a weekly basis, including packaging materials.
- Coordinate with the Customer Care team to notify customers of potential shorts or substitutions and maintain a constant loop for customer feedback
- Coordinate with marketing team to ensure we have appropriate collateral for boxes
- Own all major decisions around the pack line flow and all supporting ops functions as well as bottom line food safety and warehouse safety
- Oversee and own the process of shutting down the line and cleaning up the warehouse. Use the checklist of warehouse closing responsibilities and manage the warehouse employees during closing and daily cleaning process
- Keep a constant eye out for opportunities to improve the operational flow, key metrics, employee happiness, food safety and warehouse safety at Imperfect and relay those to the Ops Leadership Team
- Own key KPI’s around order accuracy, quality issues, and underweight items
Personnel Management Requirements:
- Decide whether overtime is needed for individual employees and ensure we have enough people to close the pack-line
- Make the call on any employee requests to leave early on pack days
- Help to coach and develop pack and prep team, giving adequate feedback through regular 1:1 session
- Support the hiring and promotion process for pack employees.
- Evaluate employee performance on the pack line
- Work closely with Regional Director Operation (RDO) and HR People Business Partner (PBP) and on all Employee Relations issues
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.