Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits. Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is looking for a talented graphic designer to help continue to build the Ritual brand across a number of different mediums. The ideal person will be a design chameleon, able to work collaboratively with the Creative team and cross-departmentally including Product, Marketing, and Customer Experience. You will own projects that will be featured as a cornerstone of campaigns that will be seen across digital, out-of-home, television, social, and additional channels as our marketing team expand. These designs deeply impact the future of our business and help us make a positive impact on women's health.
What You'll Do
- Design, design, design. You'll work closely with the Creative Leads to drive the brand through innovative content.
- Work on motion design, ads, emails, social, collateral, packaging and fill in any creative gaps.
- Always advocate for the consumer's needs, and be able to tell our brand story through creative execution.
- Be ready and willing to pick up any task and run with it.
Who You Are
- A Graphic Designer. You have an eye for living and breathing the brand's aesthetic, color, typography, icons, and use of space. You understand and accept that a brand's identity is queen. You are efficient and careful in your work and don’t allow anything to slip.
- A Creator. You have increasing knowledge and skills in layout, typography, photography, retouching, etc. You’re curious. You want to learn. You’re eager.
- Tool Agnostic. Photoshop? Illustrator? InDesign? The whole Adobe Suite? Sketch? Sure you have preferences in order to be efficient, but you care more about what you're making than what you're using to make it. You’re willing to learn and become an expert in any program that will build your skills.
- Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual design decisions. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task & flag project inconsistencies. You are always accountable for your own tasks but not afraid to ask for help when needed. You are proud of your work but humble in your role. You can take criticism and put it towards bettering your work while giving constructive feedback that empowers your team.
- Problem Solver. Your solutions take creative perspectives while successfully communicating to our consumer through visuals. The work you create is timeless, easy to digest yet full of smart messaging. You're motivated by our company mission and eager to help people create healthy habits.
- Current. You keep your finger on the pulse of design. You're constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and delightful new experiences as well as innovate our existing presence.
- Up For A Challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult doesn't mean it should go unexplored. In fact, that might be validation that it’s worth trying, right?
What You Need
- Education: BFA preferred. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 3+ years of graphic design experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of branded design and clean aesthetic.
- Strong skills in building brand equity, typography, layout, color, etc.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We are dedicated to creating a brand that speaks to a healthy, clean, and no B.S. lifestyle. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including...
Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
“Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
Catered lunch two days per week
Specific baby days in the office and a pump room
Dog days in the office
Kombucha/cold brew on tap
Commuter benefits - $100 per month towards public transportation and Uber Pool/Lyft Line
Company offsite events
Periodic private workouts with trainers
Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks