Silk Road Medical is looking for a Clinical Education & Curriculum Development Manager who will work in our field team-focused Learning & Development organization, a critical function within the Office of Medical Affairs. The person in this role will be responsible for developing and delivering creative and effective educational programs and content for initial training of new sales team members and the ongoing clinical education of the entire field team. The person in this role will work as a bridge between the Office of Medical Affairs and the sales team to ensure clinical training is comprehensive and consistent in its messaging. Training content will include, but is not limited to, information regarding new research, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches specific to the TCAR procedure.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for patient health and outcomes, learning and development, as well as a proven track record showing a strong commitment to process excellence and compliance.
- Create, deliver, and produce comprehensive and effective clinical training content and materials that are effective in educating our sales team on a wide variety of clinically based topics to help drive TCAR adoption and maintain outstanding patient outcomes.
- Drive the education and training strategy required to support the needs of both clinical and non-clinical stakeholders including HCPs, allied health and administration by exhibiting economic benefits while maintaining clinical relevance and patient safety.
- Deliver clinical training programs such as summits, labs, symposia, and speaker programs focused on SRM products with topics ranging from clinical benefits, economic benefits, new research and new clinical data.
- Support the development and implementation of tools and technology to drive efficiency and effectiveness of clinical education.
- Build and maintain effective and positive customer relationships by engaging in discussions with customers on topics that could include emerging data, clinical trials, product pipeline, medical insights, disease and adverse event education.
- Stay abreast of current topics by establishing peer to peer relationships and engaging with HCPs (including interventionalists, anesthesiologists, allied health, and other healthcare professionals) in order to develop high quality clinical education content. Build relationships and engage in peer to peer level scientific discussions around emerging data, treatment guidelines, clinical outcomes and research opportunities.
- Be a proactive advocate for adherence to all legal, regulatory and compliance policies.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Clinical Sales Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant clinical experience with prior experience in Cardiovascular Medical Device industry preferred
- Proven ability to learn complex technology/clinical applications required
- Familiarity with the medical device industry, laws and regulations governing medical device manufacturers and compliance
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Flexibility to Travel up to 50 to 70% of working time. Overnight travel, inclusive of workweek and weekends will be required.
- The role can be based anywhere in the US ideally with easy access to airport as this role has significant travel requirements as noted above.