Oversees daily activities for production planning, fulfillment and supplier maintenance. While working cross-functionally with several departments.
- Overall responsibility of inventory levels for manufacturing supplies, raw materials, subassemblies and finish goods.
- Coordinates with Supplier & Supply Chain to monitor stock levels in accordance with the build plan and usage rates.
- Oversees running MRP.
- Perform what-if analysis and mitigation plans for supply chain or manufacturing risks.
- Prepare and present MRP, inventory, and supply reports to management.
- Works closely with the originator on DCO’s to ensure prioritization is taken into consideration when a given component is changing. Assist in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Generates purchase orders to maintain supply levels.
- Track open orders and deliveries to ensure on-time receipts.
- Manages past due purchase orders.
- Manages any issued NCMR’s and/or RMA’s to the suppliers following up to ensure on tie issuance of replacements and/or credit memos.
- Works closely with Logistics for any shipping and/or documentation discrepancies.
- Works with Doc Control on sending revised specifications to suppliers.
- Works closely with Finance for any discrepancies on invoices.
- Assist Quality & Supply Chain on adding new suppliers to the ASL and/or re-qualification.
- Works with Supply Chain in maintaining supplier performance Matrix.
- Assists and/or executes the production schedule activities related to new product launches.
- Report excess material, PPV, NRE and purchasing related activities, etc.
- Participates in improvement projects and events aimed at reducing costs, inventory reduction, lead-time reduction, etc.
- Assists in office management activities.
- Other duties as set forth by management.
- A minimum of 6 years as a Materials Specialist / Buyer Planner in related industry.
- Experience with ERP applications, QAD preferred.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and able to work independently.
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of MDD (Medical Device Directive) and QSR (Quality System Regulations).
What We Offer You:
- A collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization
- A workplace where you are treated fairly, compensated competitively, and can learn and develop your skills
- A chance to join an industry which is saving lives and changing the shape of healthcare
- A very fun and supportive environment in a fast-growing organization where there is never a dull moment